Roman Melnyk among this year’s 2022 Rising Star honorees.
Each year the Philadelphia Business Journal honors the Best Real Estate Deals, Dealmakers and Rising Stars in the region.
The Dealmakers and Rising Stars categories recognize the people behind impactful deals and projects throughout Greater Philadelphia – whether they’re lawyers, brokers, developers or otherwise involved.
This year, 16 individuals were selected as the 2022 Dealmakers and Rising Stars, including two sets of business partners.
Honorees were determined by an outside panel of judges from individuals nominated by the public. This year’s judges are:
- Nadia Bilynsky, principal, MPN Realty
- Matthew Frederick, partner, PernaFrederick Commercial Real Estate
- Richard Gorodesky, senior managing director – Philadelphia, Colliers
- Larry Stuardi, president and CEO, MRA Group
The honorees include six Dealmakers and 10 Rising Stars. The Dealmaker of the Year and Rising Star of the Year will both be announced at a live event at the W Hotel on March 30 and in a special print edition of the Business Journal on March 31.
For both categories, judges considered the scope of each nominee’s work throughout his or her career, with a specific focus on deals undertaken in the past 12 to 18 months and their subsequent impact on the community. Rising Stars must be 35 years of age or younger.
In addition to these individuals, the judges also selected the Best Real Estate Deals of 2022, which were revealed yesterday and can be found here.
This year we are recognizing projects and deals in seven categories: Affordable Housing; Apartments; Condo and Single-Family; Higher Education and Health Care; Industrial; Office; and Retail and Hospitality.
The Deal of the Year will also be revealed at the event in March, as will this year’s Editor’s Choice honoree.
Below are the 2022 Dealmakers and Rising Star honorees, listed alphabetically within each category.
- Jim Galbally, JLL
- Robert Loughery, Nehemiah Development Co.
- Mitchell Marcus, JLL
- Bart Mellits, Ballard Spahr
- Jason Morgan, Morgan Properties
- Esther Pulver, Oliver Tyrone Pulver Corp.
- Devon Beverly, Ballard Spahr
- Margo Geppert, SHIFT Capital
- Tony Grelli and Zach Moore, Velocity Ventures
- Kevin Healey, Tri State Commercial
- Ryan Kalili and Henry Siebert, Archive Development Group
- Roman Melnyk, MPN Realty
- Victor Rodin, RREI
- Andrew Roth, Campus Apartments